Casino Royale Winter Formal Sets Record High Ticket Sales

Winter Formal Sets Record High Ticket Sales

Back to Article
Back to Article

Claire Kirn, Writer

“CASINO ROYALE” WINTER FORMAL SETS RECORD HIGH TICKET SALES

Saturday, February 3rd, was a night to remember for the 106 students who attended Winter Formal. The semi-formal theme for this wintry dance was “Casino Royale,” taking after Secret Agent 007. Zach Cowger, a sophomore, commented on the theme saying, “The James Bond cardboard cutout was dope.” ASB Leadership decided on this theme, led by the ASB officers and Ms. Lockwood. The leadership development team helped several class representatives and officers set up on the Friday night before the dance, right after a boys’ basketball game. The majority of students at the dance came from the sophomore and junior classes. However, senior Sergio Rivera had something to say as well, “I almost didn’t go to the dance because I didn’t have a date, but I ended up going anyways because it is my senior year. I knew that the semi-formal was going to be fun because I’ve never had a bad experience at a Seton Catholic dance.” 2017 Alumni Jadon Ephraim deejayed the dance, allowing both the students and the staff to be put at ease. Attendees could listen to trendy tunes, while the adults were assured that no profanity would be yelled or sung at the dance. This, however, did not hold all the way true. Mr. Ephraim, one of the staff members chaperoning, went up to the DJ booth to set the record straight. Jadon kept the high schoolers in check, and told the crowd that if they could not handle keeping the music clean, Kidz Bop would be put on instead. For the most part, the teenagers were able to keep their mouths closed when the cuss words played. Even though Mr. Doucet was semi-uncomfortable with the fact that he had to chaperone a high school dance, he still made an appearance. He opted to dress for comfort, wearing his hip New Balance sandals. Katherine Zdunich, a junior, said, “The decorations were on point.” ASB helped to cleanup after the dance, which only took a mere 18 minutes, another record. Few Seton Catholic dances have had over 100 people in attendance, but NONE for formal or semi formal dances. Hopefully, everyone had a great time at the dance! Don’t forget that the Doernbecher dance is happening on Friday, March 23rd, and we hope to see you all there!