A Homecoming That Was Out of This World!

A Homecoming Out of This World!

Galaxy+Pic.
Back to Article
Back to Article

Galaxy Pic.

Galaxy Pic.

Galaxy Pic.

Galaxy Pic.

Saturday, September 15th marked our Homecoming dance of 2018. The informal dance was “out of this world” with the theme “Galaxy Get Down”. There was a great turn out, with students such as Malik WIlliams commenting “it set the standard for future Seton dances!” Toward the end of the dance, our homecoming King and Queen were announced by Dr. Rusk, the votes resulted in Kendra Brislawn and Josh Freitag. Although this is Dr. Rusk’s first dance with Seton, its safe to say that we knocked it out of the galaxy for our principal’s first impression. He was quoted in saying, “beginning with the inception of the phenomenal assembly that was run by leadership, to the interactions that happened at the assembly, through the football game and finally the ending of the homecoming dance only exemplified and reinforced why I am so honored to be the principal here at Seton. You couldn’t find a better student body at another school…I am looking forward to more student led events and activities!”

The planning process for the dance began in July where fourteen students attend Mount Baker Leadership Camp at Cispus Learning Center. The team started by brainstorming goals for the dance. The goal we set was to make all students feel welcome and included. The team wanted to create an environment where students could have a blast while still remaining in their comfort zone. On top of that, they wanted to have alternatives for students who don’t want to bust a move out on the dance floor. Leadership surpassed their goals, not only was the response to the dance overwhelmingly positive, “the energy was super high” stated junior, Michaela Ephraim. The decorations for the dance were created by our amazing decoration committee (Neil Brislawn, Ty Kuchenreuther, Jasmine Morgan, Lauren Naughton and Ellie Saunders). The decoration committee chose to include the theme in both the candy bar and photobooth, making the all around atmosphere fun and spacy! The walls had planets, stars and neon paint splattered in order to truly match the aesthetic. Newcomers to the school, such as freshman Than Ngo were really excited when they saw how the Cougar Den had been decked out, “The decorations were so good!” If you took a break from dancing to play the assortment of games or visited the snacks table, you most likely noticed the different choices of candy that matched the theme, “Starbursts” and “Milkyways”. It is this kind of attention to detail that make Seton Homecomings some of the best in the cosmos.

The ASB Leadership would also like to say that they hope everyone had a great time throughout spirit week, the assembly, football game and dance. If you have any feedback or suggestions for future dances, they would love to hear your input!